Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New to this game and lost

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeremy

Jeremy Report 26 Aug 2003 09:44

I am trying to find out anything about the family Stadward. I have a Percy Stadward born 1885. I cannot find any others around then or before using this site nor did I have any luck trying Ancestry. Could they be immigrants if so where from? Any ideas please I can't believe there were no others before 1885 at all. Where should I start looking Jeremy

April

April Report 26 Aug 2003 09:49

HI Jeremy Have you tried the 1881 census on the Latterday Saints site there are several Stadwards on there. Also the 1901 census there are 28 Stadwards,just type in the surname. The 1901 and Latter Day Saints site can be found on the left in the links section.

Jackie

Jackie Report 26 Aug 2003 09:50

hi jeremy , where was your ancestor born ? or do you have anything else you can go on

SueS

SueS Report 26 Aug 2003 11:05

Hello Jeremy if you go to the FreeBMD site, enter Stadward and nothing else at all, you wlll get a lot of births marriages and deaths from 1838 to 1906 Sue

Trish

Trish Report 26 Aug 2003 13:01

Hi Jeremy, have a look at the General Info on the left of this board. Lots of stuff there to help you get started.

Gen

Gen Report 29 Aug 2003 21:21

hi Jeremy, I am new to this as well but have you checked out the LDS website there are a few Stadward's to be found there, no Percy though that I could see. On the 1881 census there are 12.

Deborah

Deborah Report 29 Aug 2003 21:30

Hi Jeremy, There's a Percy Stadward on the 1901 Born Bristol age 15. I've got a couple of credits left, if you think it's him I'll have a look at the rest of the family. Debbie