Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CANT FIND BIRTH REGISTRATION......ANY TIPS?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverley

Beverley Report 27 Aug 2003 12:08

I have found my g-granddad Eli Burnell and his brother James on Census' and marriages, so I know the approximate years they were born (1859 and 1861) and i know Eli was born in Whitchurch, Shropshire,but can not find any details of their births on any web sites. Can anyone suggest where else I can look? I have searched from 1856 to 1864 on the death register without any gain. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Bev x

Janet

Janet Report 27 Aug 2003 12:14

I found Eli Burnell (Soldier, Unmarried) on the 1881 Census, but can't find him on BMD. Sorry Jan

Beverley

Beverley Report 27 Aug 2003 12:41

Thanks Jan, yeah thats him. But funnily enough in 1881 he was actually married (1880). I'll keep searching..

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 27 Aug 2003 12:43

Dont forget Bev m, that not all BMD'S are on the website yet,,I guess its just a case of popping back every so often,, You could always search for the Baptism instead,,

Heather

Heather Report 27 Aug 2003 12:44

just a thought freebmd should be updated this weekend, so may turn up on there. hevi