Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Relatives.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Aug 2003 16:09

I'm going to see a relative again tomorrow that i didn't know anything about before i started doing my family tree. He's my grandma's nephew and he's told me bits about his life and his family that i've been able to add to my tree. He's got some lovely old photo's on the wall of when he was a child and of his parents. When i go to visit him tomorrow i'll be taking him a birthday cake as he'll be 93 years old and i'll tell you what, he doesn't look a day over 70!! He's got all his faculties about him and he's really funny! The stories he's told.. Anyway, i know this isn't a tip but i just wanted to share my story with you all. I'd never have known about him if i hadn't started doing this fascinating hobby! Tracey, Bolton

Sue

Sue Report 30 Aug 2003 16:16

All the best Tracey have a very nice day tommorow

Desperate

Desperate Report 30 Aug 2003 16:28

Tracy, What a lovely outcome,I wish it would happen to me. Enjoy yourselves.

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 30 Aug 2003 16:48

Tracey, Wish him a happy birthday from everyone here! Elisabeth

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Aug 2003 17:03

Thanks for your lovely messages! Tracey.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Aug 2003 17:35

have a wonderful day with your new found relly!

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 30 Aug 2003 17:35

Tracy. have a lovely day and don't forget to take some of your own photos. Shirley

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 30 Aug 2003 17:40

Tracey, what a great story. When I started on my family history a couple of years ago, I found my father's brother through 192.com, I hadn't seen him for over 20 years, and he had so much to tell me about my father. Don't forget to take your camera, and have a wonderful day. Ros

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 30 Aug 2003 17:46

Hi Enjoy making the memories with the special person. Have a great day, and Happy Birthday to the Gent. Liz

Maxine

Maxine Report 30 Aug 2003 18:14

What a fantastic story - I hope you both have a wonderful day.