Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FINDING MY MOTHER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 4 Sep 2003 15:25

how do i try to find my mother on here because i was adopted in 1965 in halifax yorkshire my name was andrew hegarty i just want to know if anyone can help me "please someone help me" andy

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 4 Sep 2003 15:35

I'm not sure about the practicalities, but have you posted this on the 'Trying To Find' part of the site? Also, go to http://www(.)statistics(.)gov(.)uk(/)registration(/)adoptions(.)asp (remove brackets). Hopefully they might be able to help you. Good luck!

John

John Report 4 Sep 2003 15:44

Andy, try adoptionmatch(.)co(.)uk. You can register on thand they will check to see if a relative has registered. John R

Brian

Brian Report 4 Sep 2003 16:01

Good luck in your search, ive always wondered how you would do it. Bri Liverpool/Leeds

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 4 Sep 2003 17:10

Hi Andrew, I have sent you an email directly. I hope you find it helpful. This time last year my only blood relations were my 2 children, now you will see by clicking on my name I have over 700! I am more than happy to share my experience with anyone who needs help in this field. Liz STS

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 4 Sep 2003 19:36

Try UKSEARCH Andrew

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 5 Sep 2003 14:21

Hi Andrew, Have you got a copy of your birth certificate yet.? If so that will give you your mothers name & address, maybe a fathers name. Then check th electoral role for that address for following years. e mail if you need help

Joan

Joan Report 5 Sep 2003 23:31

Hi Andrew There is a tracing service (apparently appeared on BBC and ITV) and they can be contacted on www.peopletracer.net according to their site they charge approx £35 - you suppply surname, first and middle names if poss they will then produce a list of "all" matching persons in the UK complete with addresses within 3 days. They also appear to have a section re adoption. Regards Joan

Patricia

Patricia Report 6 Sep 2003 00:00

Andy i would like to wish you all the best with your quest, dont give up there are a lot of kind people that will assist you if they can. regards

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 6 Sep 2003 11:55

Hi Andrew, The most helpful and cheapest adoption tracing website I have found is www.myfolks(.)co(.)uk - they charge expenses only, and can find needles in haystacks. Liz STS