Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish registers Manchester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 6 Sep 2003 07:55

Hello, I would like to let you know about photogopying of original parish registers from Manchester Libraries. http://manchester.libraries click onto public libraries then click onto archives and local studies then click church register on your right. 50p for A4 size you can order 3 off a print out form 30p postage. You must have the parish and district and precise date. the photocopies are really good to read. I had this tip last week off a GC member sorry I can't find your name now but, thank you. Shirley

Catherine from Manchester

Catherine from Manchester Report 6 Sep 2003 08:06

Thanks for that Shirley, reallly good to know, most of my family are from Manchester. What kind of info does it show? Catherine

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 6 Sep 2003 08:15

Hello Catherine copies from microfilms of some parish registers Baptism/burial/marriages. Baptism it shows the full page from the original register. Marriages it shows the original marriage certificate. burial I am sorry I don't know. they won't accept orders from copies from pre-printed register (i.e.pre-1813 for baptisms and burials,pre-1754 for marriages, and all pre-1837 Noncomformist registers.) copied from the form. Hope it helps Shirley