Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 6 Sep 2003 14:14

hi need help to find parents of hellen gregory b1860 harrow on hill london.found on 1881 census married to william walker b1862 clerkenwell. are there any sites for london i can look on?any info appreciated. david

Tracey

Tracey Report 6 Sep 2003 14:45

Hi David, The only person i could find on IGI was Ellen Alice Gregory born 23/7/1859 and christened 20/1/1861 at Saint Luke Old Street,Finsbury, London. Her parents were Frederick and Ada. Don't know if this helps. Good luck! Tracey, Bolton

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 6 Sep 2003 14:49

Hi David. Have you thought of getting Hellens Birth certificate, that should give you her parents names. Lynda

Eileen

Eileen Report 6 Sep 2003 16:16

thanks tracy and lynda,i'm sure her name was hellen and her date of birth was 7/3/1860. birth certificates are the only answer i suppose, but i have a few london rellies and wondered if london had been transcribed at all? thanks for looking david