Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP LAST TRY !!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 6 Sep 2003 14:19

Can someone please tell me if someone was born Derby Derby on the Census 1881 does that mean the centre of Derby and no outskirts, and anyone know of the area's in Derby to look please Ive tried St Alkmund 1851 Census. Its for my about to give up William Kirkland 1830(c) I know the 1841 Census would help but don't know where in Derby I know all about him from 1851 onwards I wont try again after this try Joan

Alison

Alison Report 6 Sep 2003 14:23

I think it means the town of Derby in Derbyshire. I have someone in my tree with Stafford Stafford as the entry and it means the town of Stafford in Staffordshire

Gen

Gen Report 6 Sep 2003 15:02

Hi Joan I typed in Derbyshire 1841 census and quite a few things came up that might be of help. I am on aol but I expect they are all much the same, Good luck. Gen

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 6 Sep 2003 16:14

Thank you Alison I thought so. and Genevieve I have tried your site nothing comes to light but thanks Joan

Gen

Gen Report 6 Sep 2003 16:15

Hi Joan, Me again, type in WIRKSWORTH Parish Records 1600 - 1900 Frontpage and click on census, I found quite a few Kirklands in there. Good luck. Gen

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 7 Sep 2003 09:37

Thanks Gen Still cant find him I wonder if he moved at an early age to Glossop as that is where he first married in 1861