Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ideas on tracing a marriage?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 10 Sep 2003 11:37

I cannot find the marriage of one of my rellies. John Proctor b1831 Middlesex and Louisa Whitten b1837 Surrey. Their ist child was born 1860 in Birmingham and their second child 1862 in Ireland. John was in the 11th Hussars. They settled in Worcester 1864? I have checked bmd and LDS with no luck. Not knowing where they could have married makes it more difficult. Does any one have any ideas to where I could look next? Thank You Helena

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Sep 2003 11:44

There are indexes of Army BMD at the FRC. Don't know if these feature on Free BMD but would have thought it unlikely at this stage. If you cannot get there yourself, then e-mail me direct with as much detail as you have and I will look next time I go. Maz. XX

Ellen

Ellen Report 10 Sep 2003 11:55

Thank you Marion. I do not have many more details than the ones above. John Proctor was born Islington Middlesex c1831 and was described on sons birth cert in 1860 as Private 11th Hussars. Helena

Ellen

Ellen Report 11 Sep 2003 08:54

Apologies to those who contacted me directly. E mail off. Will be okay by Saturday. Thank you again. Helena

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 11 Sep 2003 10:33

Helena, I have replied to your email of this morning and re-sent the Barracks list. Jacky