Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keely

Keely Report 10 Sep 2003 11:38

I have found a number of birth details on the 1837online. I wanted to check them to see if they are correct, so I have put in the volume and page number etc. in freebmd and ancestry.co.uk and nothing is coming up. Why is this happening, am I doing something wrong or is it just the database? This is getting very annoying now!!!! I want to definitely know it is the person before I send off for a birth Cert.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Sep 2003 11:47

You can only know for sure when you get the certificate. The only information you will find online is the same as on 1837 site. Bear in mind also that Free BMD is not complete. If you are unsure I would suggest that you send off for certificate but put in the confirmation details that you have (ie. only send if fathers name is X or address is Y or whatever) then if it doesn't match they refund some of your money. Good luck. Maz. XX

Keely

Keely Report 10 Sep 2003 11:52

Marion, Thanks, I had a feeling I wouldnt know for sure unless I sent for the cerfificate! Thanks for your help