Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Worcestershire census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 10 Sep 2003 13:44

Does anyone know if this census can be found on line? I've failed so far. I'm looking for William Hudson born 1808/1810 probably Birmingham, and his wife, Frances born 1808 Birmingham and for William Howell and his wife Sarah, both born before 1818 in Worcestershire. I'd be very grateful for help on this. Joan

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 10 Sep 2003 17:10

I'm not aware of any of this census being online. Worcester county census are at Worcester history library, I'm not sure if they hold those parishes which come under Birmingham, but these would be in Birmingham Central Library, failing that you can buy it on CD, there may be some surname indexes for the 1851 census. Ros WOR

Joan

Joan Report 11 Sep 2003 08:32

Ros Thank you so much for that. I'm expecting those ancestors to be in Worcester(town) or near, in 1851. I think the family originated there and moved to Birmingham possibly for work. I'll get on to the Worcester history library. Joan