Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

invisible man

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Sep 2003 21:33

I am trying to find William Ashcroft born 11th November 1898 in Wigan. I cannot find him on any records, do u have any info on this man ???

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 10 Sep 2003 21:41

Hello Patricia The Family search IGI says death of William Ashcroft 1969 Wigan. Maybe you knew that already though.

May

May Report 10 Sep 2003 21:43

Thanks for that Patricia, and for your kindness I'll uncross my eyes,jump off the brick wall and put you back to the top. PS As I am 68 years old I had to laugh at a quote from Bette Davis who said Old age is not for sissies. May Good luck in your search.

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Sep 2003 21:44

Hi Shirley i have got his death as 23rd November 1989. He has got to be somewhere ???

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Sep 2003 21:46

He must of saved a fortune on council tax evading all of those records Ha

May

May Report 10 Sep 2003 21:54

Hi Patricia, I can only find a William Ashcroft born 29 april 1898 Wigan, father Joseph Ashcroft, mother Turner. Any help? May

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Sep 2003 21:59

So far it seems that i could be a possible error on the records, do u have all the details on this family please as it seems like this must be him. Regards

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 Sep 2003 22:04

Patricia Have you found him on the 1901 census? I must admit I have looked and can't find him. I wonder if there has been a transcription error Margaret

May

May Report 10 Sep 2003 22:18

Hello again Patricia. William Ashcroft married Daisy Belle Abbott 1918 Wigan Daisy father Robert Abbott Mother Elizabeth Reeves Daisy died 27 Jan 1963 Regards May