Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for help with confusing marriage certs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 10 Sep 2003 22:05

I have just received a copy marriage cert for one of my relatives Edward Price and Isabella Angles 1873 Durham, this shows fathers as John Price and Robert Angles (Deceased). information on freebmd showed isabella angles with parents Michael Angles and Jane Maugham, at this stage i have been unable to locate a copy of her birth cert so i am unable to clarify who her parents were. Could anybody help me at all? I apologise if this is confusing liz

Catherine

Catherine Report 10 Sep 2003 22:32

Hi there Found following on the 1881 census... looks as if Michael and Jane had an isabella... anglas? but its not yours.. Jane ANGLAS Head W Female 60 Lumley, Durham, England Laundress (Not Dom) Isabella ANGLAS Unm Female 27 Gateshead, Durham, England Miner George ANGLAS Unm Male 10 Blue Quarries regards Catherine

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 11 Sep 2003 18:50

Hi, do you know how to find out more information about the Robert Angles deceased at the time of her wedding? thanks liz

Helen

Helen Report 11 Sep 2003 18:56

I've done a bit of Durham/Northumberland research for a friend and Isabella was a very popular name in the area. Every family had one! So it's quite likely that there was more than one Isabella Angles. It's also possible the two were related, perhaps cousins both named for their Grandmother?

Helen

Helen Report 11 Sep 2003 19:07

Liz Checked BMD for marriages of Isabella Angles and there is one Dec 1885, Gateshead. So this must be the Isabella with Michael and Jane as parents who was still at home in 1881. What age is your Isabella on the 1881 Census? And where was she born?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 11 Sep 2003 19:32

Hi Isabella was married to Edward Price by 1881 and was 29 years old. Does anyone have access to an earlier Durham Census? thanks everyone for your help Liz

Helen

Helen Report 11 Sep 2003 19:53

From BMD, Birth Isabella Angles Sep 1853 Houghton le Spring 10a 226. This MUSt be your Isabella because the other was born in Gateshead.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 11 Sep 2003 19:59

Hi, do you know how i can obtain a copy of her birth certificate? thanks liz

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Sep 2003 20:27

Order online at http://www(.)col(.)statistics(.)gov(.)uk/ remove brackets Or order at the local Register office which you can find at genuki