Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why is it .........?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 11 Sep 2003 14:38

....... that its just as exciting to find people when you do a lookup for someone you don't know, as it is to find that long lost relation you've been looking for? Jan.

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 11 Sep 2003 14:46

Its so nice to get the satisfaction that you can help one another Joan

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 11 Sep 2003 15:05

Exactly what I feel! I thought I was mad so glad not to be alone. Jacky

Janet

Janet Report 11 Sep 2003 17:44

Glad I'm not the only one.

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 11 Sep 2003 18:02

Same here. Its also good to help if you are waiting for certificates and not too sure how to continue. Its another reason for looking at the tips board. Shirley

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 11 Sep 2003 19:32

Hi Lesley I found out if you go to update on your message you can rectify mistakes.I made a few. Shirley

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 11 Sep 2003 21:58

Hi Jan, As you now I totally agree with you on that one. I am totally hooked on this family research and cant wait to meet or chat on the phone to my new found relatives. And for all those who dont know. Jan is one of my newly found relatives and we talk everyday on the net.

Barbara

Barbara Report 11 Sep 2003 22:20

Hi Jan I know what you mean. I discovered some distant cousins and ended up helping to research their tree as they live in America and are quite old. Everytime I send some new information their responses make it all worthwhile. I've even started ording certificates because I am addicted to their family!

Andy

Andy Report 11 Sep 2003 23:37

I couldn't agree more, I get quite a kick out of doing look-ups, especially trying to find those whose surnames are open to all kinds of dodgy spelling interpretations.

Stan

Stan Report 12 Sep 2003 00:25

I've enjoyed doing look-ups too. I find it brings out the detective in me - and improves my technique for looking for my own relatives next time. It's especially rewarding when a bit of knowledge of places or occupations adds to the likelihood of it being the right answer. If I have a few minutes I always look to see if there's anything interesting being asked about. Stan Driver