Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bmd problems...again!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 21:06

Im not getting access to free bmd for the second night running...would somebody mind doing a lookup for me please??? Details of a marriage if u can for: Frederick j. shepheard b. 1863 Plymouth Devon and Annie (no maiden name) b. 1877 Wt Harwick Northumberland. Thanks ever so much, really frustrating when i cant get on the site!! Demelza

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 21:13

Dawn, Yes thats brilliant, right area and around the right date. Thanks ever so much...feel so disappointed when i cant get on myself. Was there a maiden name for Annie by any chance?...sorry to be a pain! Demelza

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 21:16

Dawn, Ok thanks for trying.....The date and the place was a massive help, Thganks ever so much :)

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 21:20

Thanks, Your a star!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 11 Sep 2003 21:37

Hiya. No definite spouse shown for the Frederick John Shepheard entry - two males on the page and only 1 female - not an Annie. Nothing comes up if you ask for marriage/Frederick Shepheard/Annie. However, if you ask for Marriage/Frederick Shepherd/Annie one comes up as follows - Sep 1901 Edmonton Vol3a p834 Frederick James Shepherd and Annie Buchanan Beattie. Lots of other entries for Fredericks (no J middle initial) marrying Annies. Hope this hasn't added to your woes!! Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 11 Sep 2003 21:39

By the way Demelza, where does your first name originate, it is lovely and unusual! Maz. XX

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 21:41

Hiya maz, I think the one dawn post on here was the right one, From the 1901 census i have Frederick, Annie and 2 children, Charlotte and Frederick. The kids births were just after the marriage date and all confined to round about the same area...think i can safely assume that its the same couple! Ta for your trouble :)

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 21:44

My Name?...not so bad now but during my school years it could be a hinderance as you can imagine!... theres a small village in Cornwall with the name, but the real reason is because my mum was an avid fan of 'POLDALK'..a tv series set in 17/18th century cornwall about smugglers that was on in the 70s!!! Never felt the need to watch it for some reason!! lol :)

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 11 Sep 2003 21:50

We didn't watch Poldark in our house - must be why I've never heard it before LOL. Maz. XX

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 21:52

Apparently you wouldnt have missed out on much!....should track a copy down really to see how bad it was...:)

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 11 Sep 2003 22:55

At Last ive managed to get on!!,....what a relief it is. Happy again now :)