Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

St Mark's Church, Victoria Docks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Sep 2003 13:41

One lot of great grandparents were married at this church in 1889 (according to marriage cert). However, I am having great trouble tracking down any info on it. Does any kind soul know where it was or if it still exists? Would love to visit it if I could only find it!! Maz. XX

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 13:47

Hi, Try this website www(.)findachurch(.)co(.)uk I managed to locate a few churches here myself! Good luck Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 13:56

Maz. The church is no longer in use. It is used by a theatre company for storage. You can see a pic of it if you visit www(.)essexchurches(.)com Sarah.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Sep 2003 14:09

Can't find it on Sarah's but have found it on Sarah B's site - brilliant site for me as 2 thirds of my lot are from East End and Essex! Thank you, I now have a great picture of a lovely looking church with an unusual roof. The only thing is .. does anyone know where it actually is i.e. the street address - apparently it is used for storage by a local theatre in case this rings any bells for anyone. Thank you both Sarah's for your help. Maz. XX

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 14:22

Maz. Bit more info. Corner of Albert Road and Factory Road, Silvertown, E16 near to the Thames barrier. Church was built in 1862 and closed in 1972. Was quite badly damaged by fire in 1981. Hope this helps. Interested as my g.grandparents were born in this area. Sarah.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Sep 2003 14:27

Sarah I love you!! Thank you so much. Will now be able to go down there sometime when my sister and I have the same day free. Thank you so much. Maz. XX

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Sep 2003 14:29

Your very welcome Maz. Hope you have a great day when you do go : ) Sarah.