Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

deaths after 1906

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janice

Janice Report 14 Sep 2003 16:00

I know that I found the information about my fathers death on a web site - as I found his date of birth had been entered incorrectly - but now I can't remember what the web site was called. He died in 1986 - if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Stan

Stan Report 14 Sep 2003 16:09

Hi Janice I think what you want is "1837" a.k.a. Famly Research Link. For a fee this lets you look at all BMD records from 1837 to date. From 1984 these are fully computerised and you can search for individuals. From the death record you should get the birth date or age at death, and you can then go back to the relevant year and quarter, enter the first three letters of the name, and search for the reference to the birth registration. Remember that births were sometimes registered late - or in the case of my grandmother, apparently not at all! I hope this helps. Stan Driver

Janice

Janice Report 15 Sep 2003 02:19

Thanks Norman for your reply. I will have a go at the 1837 site but I really thought that it had been a site that I didn't have to pay for but - as the senior moments are getting worse - I am probably wrong!