Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

electoral registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 15 Sep 2003 21:20

can anyone guide me in the right direction, on how to learn about electoral registers and where to go on looking for them, are there any sites i can go on as my family are from up north and im down south. novice at work here. all help much appreciated

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Sep 2003 21:46

Teresa you can buy CD roms called info light which are names and addresses taken from the electoral roll for all UK prior to 2001. (cheapish) or (hold breath) about £250 for professional version. dial 08000 192 192. Easy to use and you can get hundreds of names at every search. Full names and addresses but no phone numbers. Sandra. I got info lite when I bought Family Tree package and have found some cousins already.

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 15 Sep 2003 21:49

Teresa sorry to ambush this but... Sandra, what is the family tree package like to use?? been think ing about it for a while but im not sure how id get on with it? Is it easy??...also how much and whats included in that? Ta Demelza

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Sep 2003 21:55

Demelza It is extremel easy to use and I am amazed at what you are able to do with it. There are different ways to enter info and I didn't know I was doing it right, but I was. I have tried different packages but a bit complicated. This one is very easy and UK biased, but you can still search everywhere.

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Sep 2003 22:00

Demelza forgot to add you get 6 CD Roms. and two Manuals. (Not huge and complicated). It is better to look at them though as you will soon find the programme straightforward to use. The CDs are Family Tree versioon 4, Clipart, Internet Resource CD, Photo Album, plus 2 UK Info lite. It is made by GSP. Costs vary depending where got from up to £54.

Teresa

Teresa Report 15 Sep 2003 22:02

thankyou sandra for that i,ll definately be doing that and thankyou demelza for helping me find out a little more about family tree package

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 15 Sep 2003 22:35

Sandra, Thanks very much for that it sounds good so i think ill be tgetting myself one...its my birthday soon and maybe ill ask for that..Thanks again. Demelza