Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

london 1871 look up please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 15 Sep 2003 23:04

Thomas Glover Simpson was born c1867 and registered in the mile end district of London. I cannot find him in the 1881 census. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to find him and his parents in the 1871 census for me.

Belle56

Belle56 Report 16 Sep 2003 12:10

Can any kind person give Shirley a hand as she's at a brick wall at the moment.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 16 Sep 2003 13:53

Hi, To search the 1871 London census would take a very long time. Even when you know which area it still takes hours. If you have an address to look for it is possible but can still take a long time. Most censuses remain unindexed and have to be searched page by page. In an area the size of London it's just an impossible task. Sorry not to have better news, Gwynne

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Sep 2003 14:00

Have you got his parents' names? With that we can at least try and find him on 1881. Sue

Shirley

Shirley Report 16 Sep 2003 19:07

Thanks everyone! I did not know how difficult it would be. I thought it would be like the 1901 census. What I was hoping was to find out his parents name. I guess I will have to send off for yet another Birth certificate.