Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sussex census pre 1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pam

Pam Report 16 Sep 2003 19:51

Can anyone tell me what census are available online before 1901 for Sussex?

Gary

Gary Report 16 Sep 2003 20:41

The 1881 census (free) on the LDS site see links. The 1891 census (subscription) on Ancestry(.)co(.)uk Regards Gary

Pam

Pam Report 16 Sep 2003 20:50

I looked there earlier this year and there were no entries for Sussex at that time, also looked today on the official census site and no Sussex again ! Am I doing something wrong?

Gary

Gary Report 16 Sep 2003 20:57

How are you searching there is reams of stuff on both census? Gary

Janet

Janet Report 16 Sep 2003 20:58

I'm emailing you privately. Jan.

Gary

Gary Report 16 Sep 2003 20:59

Sorry for intruding. Gary

Janet

Janet Report 16 Sep 2003 22:32

Sorry, Gary, didn't mean it that way. Jan.

Anna

Anna Report 17 Sep 2003 08:12

Hi, I am also interested in the sussex census'. I discovered that in my local library they have small leaflet style book covering various years and various villages (may be worth a look) Also if you type the name of the village into a search engine you may come up trumps. (I know that the Ringmer village website has loads of census data on it)

Anna

Anna Report 17 Sep 2003 08:12

Hi, I am also interested in the sussex census'. I discovered that in my local library they have small leaflet style book covering various years and various villages (may be worth a look) Also if you type the name of the village into a search engine you may come up trumps. (I know that the Ringmer village website has loads of census data on it)