Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Evasive Duttons - who are driving me nuts!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 17 Sep 2003 23:29

Please can anyone help? I have the marriage certificate for my GGGrandfather Joseph DUTTON to Sarah BEADLE and, according to the 1901 census, Joseph was born in c.1856 in 'Middlesex, London' and Sarah in c.1858 in 'North Cray, Kent'. However, I can't find more specific information about their births (ie. a GRO) anywhere! Likewise for Joseph's parents: William DUTTON who (according to the 1881 census) was born c.1832 (in Kent?) and his wife, another Sarah, born c. 1831 in London, Middlesex. If anyone can shed any light, I'd be very very grateful! Thanks!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2003 11:52

Found Joseph & Sarah in 1901 with their 6 kids: James age 22 b St. Mary Cray Arthur age 15 b St. Mary Cray Elsie age 13 b St. Mary Cray Bessie age 10 b St. Mary Cray Charles age 4 b St. Pauls Cray Ernest age 1 St. Pauls Cray You may have had that already, of course. On 1881, I've found Joseph & Sarah listed as DALTON with kids Joseph W age 4 and James age 2 both b St. Mary Cray. Can't get onto BMD at mo but will try and find them for you when I can. Sue

Emma

Emma Report 18 Sep 2003 12:19

Not sure whether it will help but found them on the 1891 census at: Smith Cottages, St. Mary Cray, Kent RG12/633 Folio 102 Page 19 St Mary Cray, Kent Joseph Dutton, head, mar, 35, paper maker, London Sarah E Dutton, wife, mar, 32, Kent Northbry? Joseph W Dutton, son, 14, paper maker, glazing, Orpington Kent James Dutton, son, 12, St Mary Cray Lilian Dutton, daur, 8, St Mary Cray Arthur Dutton, son, 5, St Mary Cray Elsie Dutton, daur, 2, St Mary Cray Bessie Dutton, daur, 1 month, St Mary Cray

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2003 12:23

Hi again, Found marriage of Joseph Dutton and Sarah Emily Beadle MarQ 1876 in Bromley District - presumably that's the one you've got the certificate for. Found births in Bromley dist for Joseph William SepQ 1876 Bessie Mary MarQ 1891 Charles Dudley SepQ 1896 Ernest DecQ 1899 and death in JunQ 1902 Can't find anything else though - sorry can't be of more help. Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2003 12:37

Found Lilian Caroline MarQ 1883 in Bromley dist - Also on 1901 census as Lilian DUTLON living in Orpington Kent as domestic servant. There's also a Joseph Dutton age 24 listed as living in St. Pauls Cray near rest of family, with wife Helenor, age 23 from Dartford. Have found marriage of Joseph William in DecQ 1900 Bromley dist but can't get to find out who he married cos bloomin FreeBMD's gone down again!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2003 14:21

Hi, That marriage of Joseph William Dutton was to Eleanor Cunningham. Sue