Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I get info off ace pilot from usa 1914 war.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 18 Sep 2003 15:48

Some new info has come to me ...My mothers aunt married the ace pilot from ww1 her name was Alice Beston (sorry dont have name of ace pilot. They Had 2 children Mollie and Harry (known as Buster)... Alice went out to america between 1914 -1918.

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 18 Sep 2003 19:09

Hello Teresa, Try typing american pilots ww1 into search. you will get some info about American aircraft sites with databases and museums. Shirley

George

George Report 18 Sep 2003 19:36

Hi I looked on Ellis Island Archive site and found a Alice Flo Beston immigrated to America in 1919. She went to join a friend Miss M Vickerstaff who resided at 231 N Maple Ave,East Orange. She was single at the time. She was born in London. The record does go into more detail about her but that is the essance. Visit: http://www(.)ellisisland(.)org/ Hope its her Good Luck George

Teresa

Teresa Report 18 Sep 2003 21:52

Thank you very much for the info....i can get the web site open could u send again pls thanks again Teresa

George

George Report 18 Sep 2003 21:57

sorry remove the brackets and it should work. George

Teresa

Teresa Report 18 Sep 2003 22:04

Thank you again it is the right person..... now i have to find out where she was married and his name

George

George Report 18 Sep 2003 22:18

On ancestry.com there are 2 matches coming up for Alice Beston in the 1920 American Census. Might be worth asking someone else to send you the details. George