Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

prison information

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tricia

Tricia Report 19 Sep 2003 23:58

Hi Have just discovered one of the other halfs relatives served a jail sentence possibly for fraud. Is there anywhere on line that I can get any info from. thanks Tricia

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 20 Sep 2003 00:13

Hello Tricia you could try www.(.) lightage(.)demon(.)co(.)uk 20,000 names of convicts taken from press cuttings 1850-1920 Shirley

Tricia

Tricia Report 20 Sep 2003 09:03

Thanks Shirley, I will have a look at that one. Tricia

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 20 Sep 2003 09:32

Sounds just I want but....I have tried to get into it and download the files and the message I get is "could not open document because parser module cannot parser the file". Excuse me? Pardon? What on earth does that mean??? If someone can get in cold they please look for me? In the naughty persons list ARTHUR HENRY COWLEY b1850 Worcestershire and in the good boys Police file John Plummer b 1844 St.Mary Cray, Kent. Many thanks Jacky

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 20 Sep 2003 10:49

Hello Jacky I have managed to get in with no problems I had a quick look for your two names but, did not find anything. The idea is if you find a name under any of the headings probate, murder, suicide or even inquests as examples there are a quite a few you can send for copies I think its £3.00 each. Even Victorian Theatre. Try it again Its a blacksheep list at www(.)lightage(.)demon(.)co(.)uk Shirley