Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What If We All.....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 21 Sep 2003 21:12

This site must have been mentioned before. I think that every now and then websites like this should be pushed up to the top of the board again, for everyone to see. I was thinking most people have certificates. Some of them they have no use for. So what if we all put our certificate details on this website so we can exchange. Ive joined this site from the first day it started. However i thought that many more people would have joined by now . Its such an easy thing to do and your helping others also its an good way to find more relatives. http://www(.)ukbdm(.)co(.)uk/ Its a good site to use and its all free. thanks for your time. Sarah

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 21 Sep 2003 22:38

I agree with you Sarah,I entered details of my certificates on this site,have had a couple of people contact me.Have been able to get back ggg and gggg grandparents through one of the contactsand I have been able to pass on helpful info to other researchers,Kathleen

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 22 Sep 2003 00:19

I have added my certificates to UKbdm. I have also made contact with someone researching one of my names. She has provided me with some useful info. Once you have registered it doesn't take long to add the certificates. So, come on everybody. This could prove a very useful resource. Kathy Epsom, SRY

Andy

Andy Report 22 Sep 2003 00:27

Likewise, have been adding certificate information since the beginning of June. The more that people can add, the better.

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 22 Sep 2003 00:39

Wish they would send my certificates. I would then gladly add them to this site !! dave

Sarah

Sarah Report 22 Sep 2003 16:14

To Dave I take it your having problems. Have you ordered your certificates and they have not arrived? or maybe they were the wrong ones. Any time i order a certificate , i find it takes like 7 or more days before they arrive. I know that they are busy and have hundreds and hundreds of people to deal with. However once ive ordered a certificate i just can not wait for it to arrive. I like a child at christmas opening their presents. Sarah

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 22 Sep 2003 23:03

Nudge

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 22 Sep 2003 23:03

Nudge

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Sep 2003 15:39

It should be a good site when more people use it. I will be adding all the certs I've acquired soon. Afterall, I paid for them, someone should get the benefit!

Rosi

Rosi Report 23 Sep 2003 18:38

as the unfortunate possessor of far too many 'wrong' certs I think this deserves another nudge up. I would so like to find them good homes where they will be nurtured and cared for!

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 23 Sep 2003 19:09

Been there but no use to me at present but will visit regularly.... needs frequent nudge. Roger

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Sep 2003 19:27

Nudge I often visit this site, lets help to keep it here.

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Sep 2003 19:27

Nudge I often visit this site, lets help to keep it here.

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 23 Sep 2003 23:12

1 Nudge!!

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 23 Sep 2003 23:12

1 Nudge!!

Sarah

Sarah Report 24 Sep 2003 15:47

As of yet i have not found any certificates that are connected to me. However things do take time ,so i hope that one day i will have helped some one or they would of helped me in some way.

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 24 Sep 2003 19:30

Hi sarah, I ordered certificates three weeks ago and nothing !! I know I gave them correct names and dates. Dave

Chris

Chris Report 24 Sep 2003 19:47

Sally Where did you order your certificates from I sent for 2 on Monday from Pontefract and I got them both this morning (Wed) Chris

Emma

Emma Report 24 Sep 2003 19:51

Sarah Have you tried ordering your certificates on line, since I've been doing that they've only taken 3-5 days to arrive!

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Sep 2003 19:55

I have waited longer than usual for my certiificates from Southport. The Main Register Office. I have been lucky so far and got the correct one each time. But if I boob I will definitely put them on the site for someone to benefit. Sandra