Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any tips or help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 22 Sep 2003 21:57

I have hit a brick wall....i have found my aunt who went to america in 1919..but cant find out the name of her husband..all i know is that he was a ww1 ace pilot...and that she lived in New jersey and had 2 children ....Her maiden name was Alice flo beston and her childrens names are Harry (buster) and Mollie....they would have been born around the 20s or 30s......can anyone help pls......

Paul

Paul Report 22 Sep 2003 23:48

Have you tried the Ellis Island site? Paul

Anthony

Anthony Report 23 Sep 2003 00:20

Teresa, Paul's suggestion of the Ellis Island site might not help if they were married before they sailed as she would have been travelling under her married name which you don't know. Best bet is find GRO reference for marriage (I assume you know pretty much where & when this happened) from fiche at main library / CRO & apply for the certificate which will give you his name - then you can use Ellis Island. Tony

Gary

Gary Report 23 Sep 2003 08:07

I think Teresa has already been to the Ellis Island site because Alice is recorded as landing there in 1919 as a single person. She obviously married soon after in the USA. I would suggest looking at some of the American sites to see if any one else is looking into her family history. Gary

Crista

Crista Report 23 Sep 2003 09:34

Teresa, What was her date of birth? Try the advanced search here if you know. Use just the first name and state. http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb(.)com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi Crista

Gary

Gary Report 23 Sep 2003 13:47

She was born (registered) June quarter 1894 St Olave Southwark (1d) (225). Gary

Gary

Gary Report 23 Sep 2003 14:00

Rootsweb.com are offering a 14 day trial allowing you to look at the USA censuses. Gary

Teresa

Teresa Report 23 Sep 2003 21:28

thanks for all your help....i will be looking into all your suggestions.....:o)