Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

India Expert Needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 25 Sep 2003 09:44

I need to either confirm an address in India and or find if a lady has got married over there is ther anyway for either

Keely

Keely Report 25 Sep 2003 10:45

Hi Matthew, you could try the British Library Oriental and India Office. They have info on births,bapts, marriage and burials of Europeans and Eurasian Christians in India, so they might be able to help you. www.bl(.)uk/collections/orientalandindian.html [email protected] 0207 412 7873 British Library, 96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DB Hope this helps, Keely

Matthew

Matthew Report 25 Sep 2003 12:43

Hi Keeley thanks for your help tried them last week, the dates they hold records for and from just dont quite tie in Matt

Keely

Keely Report 25 Sep 2003 15:03

Thats a shame! sorry, dont know where anywhere else you could look. I work in a health promotion library and I just asked one of the Doctors, but he is from Bangladesh, so he wasnt much help either! I do know one doc which is from India, when he comes in I will ask him about records etc.

Matthew

Matthew Report 25 Sep 2003 15:31

Thanks for your help Keeley, if you could ask the doctor if there is a central registration for SRNs in India as there is in the UK. She is or was an SRN/ Midwife trained over in India then moved here then i think moved back in the 70's. I would really appreciate it thank you. Matt

Keely

Keely Report 26 Sep 2003 09:44

Hi Matthew, I emailed the doctor who may know, and he gave me the following reply. "i think it depends on whether she is from government sector or not. i will try if you tell me the exact province if i have a bit of time". So, if you could give me any details, i will pass onto him for you, and we will see if he comes up with anything!! Keely :)