Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841/ 51 /61 census rotherham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 25 Sep 2003 19:50

if anyone has access to these census,s and could look up a george roddis, born 1822, whiston. i would appreciate finding out, who he was living with as i need to confirm whether his father was also a george roddis, as im a little unsure if i have the right marriage cert for him.

Teresa

Teresa Report 25 Sep 2003 20:14

thankyou for that rosemary i was stuck on that info for ages as i am pretty new to this, i think i wittled it down to the george roddis born 1822, as i think hes the one on the 1881 census with wife and three children 1 being harry my grandfather then age 1. the eldest child listed as charlotte then age 18, i cannot find any info on not even a birth cert. i have georges death cert and he died 1886 so he wouldnt be on the1891 census. so i ask for the other census so i can try to find out where he was before he married in 1864.