Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

does anyone have an 1881 census cd? HELP !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 26 Sep 2003 09:30

please can anyone help? i am looking to find the occupants of 202a Cassland Road, South Hackney, London, Middlesex. in 1881. please can anyone help? regards lisa

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 26 Sep 2003 10:45

Yes, the latter day saints website ( see links onresource centre) But you have to have a name/surname not just an address. elaine x

N

N Report 26 Sep 2003 10:59

You could try just picking anyone in 1881 census in Hackney and then just trawl though using the 'neighbours' link. Did you find your Frederick Wacey ? I tried looking for you ( take my mind of my gt gt grandmother who I can't find in 1881). I couldn't even find your Robert Wacey on 1881 that you mention on 1891 post.

Crista

Crista Report 26 Sep 2003 11:15

Nina and Elaine, It is possible to do an address search if you have the 1881 CDs. Crista

Lisa

Lisa Report 26 Sep 2003 11:31

I have found Robert Wacey on 1891 & 1901 but nothing before. he is listed at Robert WALEY on 1891 (with thanks to Lucy for looking it up.) Robert Waley born abt 1841 Cambridge heath/Hackney. son Frederick, daughter Sarah. I have found them on 1901 too. Frederick WACEY & Wife Emily, 4 children. also father Robert WAcey living with Daughter Sarah. I can not find them on 1881 census. I have looked for all Robert's born 1839-1843 in london (i have looked for all 800+) and havent found any similar names. Robert Waley in 1891 was living at 202a cassland road and his first grandchild was born there in 1893. I was hoping that if someone could do an address search they may be spelt a different way but still at that house. if anyone has any other thoughts, i would be grateful for some help. many thanks lisa

Margaret

Margaret Report 26 Sep 2003 13:43

Lisa Found the address for you. You have yet another spelling of the name. I trawled through the 1881 cd by clicking on neighbours and "walked the streets of Hackney" The family are still at 202a Cassland Rd. Robert WACUP age 40 a joiner/carpenter born Dean St, Hackney Eliza , his wife age 50 born Shoreditch Frederick , son age 10 born Haggerston Sarah Ann, daughter age 8 born South Hackney Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 26 Sep 2003 20:52

Susan Have tried your explanation of trying to search an address, didn't work. What viewer do you have, mine is 2.0, if I download a more up to date one will I get more info? Margaret

Judith

Judith Report 26 Sep 2003 22:16

I don't think the neighbour advanced search works with Viewer 2.0. I believe that the latest version is 4.0. Judith

Margaret

Margaret Report 26 Sep 2003 22:19

Judith Then how do I get version 4 Margaret

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 27 Sep 2003 19:00

Hi Susan, yes please can you let us know what they say!! It would save so much time and eye strain!! Thanks. Maz. XX