Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 lookup, please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzy

Suzy Report 29 Sep 2003 14:06

Is anyone able to look up SUSANNAH WILKINS, or HEARD, aged about 22/23, born in Naples, Italy. I'm afraid I have no idea of location. Is that a problem?

Suzy

Suzy Report 29 Sep 2003 22:39

Is anyone able to help with this one?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Sep 2003 06:48

Hi, There is no national index for the 1871 so if you have no idea where she is then you're stuck. Very few counties have indexed the 1871 so even when you know the county or even the parish a look up can take hours going through a page at a time. Thr PRO are eventually going to put all the censuses on line like the 1901. Looks like you'll have to wait until then. Sorry not to have better news, Gwynne

Suzy

Suzy Report 30 Sep 2003 08:08

Gwynneth Thank you for the information. I didn't realise that was the situation.