Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WARNING!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sinead

Sinead Report 30 Sep 2003 17:45

Please make sure you all have adequate virus protection on your incoming e-mails.There is a rather nasty one currently doing the rounds-W32.SwenA.It was attached to one of my incoming e-mails - probably the sender was unaware it was there.So to all of you, please make sure you are protected,especially if,like me,you have lots of data stored on your hard drive as well as backed up on disk-viruses are not only frustrating but costly if you are caught a cropper! Sinead.

Dauna

Dauna Report 1 Oct 2003 08:04

nudge

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Oct 2003 14:21

I would say anyone who is on this board and who does not have virus protection is taking a big risk..The chance of being hit by a virus increases with the amount of time you spend on the net. Ann Glos

Sinead

Sinead Report 1 Oct 2003 21:16

nudge!

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 2 Oct 2003 06:03

Nudge

Rosi

Rosi Report 2 Oct 2003 20:48

nudge. Have just come back from a few days away (yes I did suffer withdrawals) - the stack of email build up was phenominal! 4 of those definitely dodgy and instantly deleted- a huge qty of other junk mail ( in spite of using Mailwasher, which is supposed to bounce them back and stop them happening) and about 6 really interesting and informative, almost 'have then framed' emails. Spose it was somewhat similar with the snail mail too - except there were less 'treasures'. Rosi