Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Help, it could be impossible!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mystified

Mystified Report 1 Oct 2003 15:39

I am wanting to enlist your help for another person who is a member of a site I am also on. She can't find the following on 1901. I have also looked for her with no results. I have used the decoder and I think every variation. It is possible that the surnames may have been changed. It certainly has me stumped. I thought our combined efforts may find something. Thank, John Since the beginning of the time (start of the 1901 census release) I have been looking for my great grandfather and his brother. George Frederick DANIELS was born 1.1.1900. Joseph Edward DANIELS was born 8.8.1898. Both were born at 44 Carpenters Rd, Stratford, West Ham, London. I have looked at the census for 44 Carpenters Rd, Stratford, West Ham, London, and can only find Elizabeth Daniels, their mother who is a widow and a lodger. I have done the obvious, like look at George and Frederick Daniels living together somewhere else, but all are not the right age, or sons or someone else etc. I have also looked under the mother's maiden name, but I have drawn a blank.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 1 Oct 2003 16:18

John - looked down the same avenues as you - same results, but something my water (pardon the phrase) makes me want to look further at the Daniels of St Mary's Stratford Bow in more detail - cousins possibly, with their cousins staying over - possible mistake in transcription of ages maybe? Dunno really - not a lot of good am I? Sorry Jacqui

Mystified

Mystified Report 1 Oct 2003 17:04

Thanks Jacqueline, It's a real puzzle this one, that's why I asked for help. Just hope someone else has more luck. I will post your suggestion on though. John

Annie

Annie Report 1 Oct 2003 17:38

Hiya Do you know Elizabeth Daniels maiden name and /or the name of her husband because then you might be able to find them on the 1801 census and track any family member on the 1901 to see whether George and/or Joseph were staying with them and with errors in the name? Or is this too obscure? A

Annie

Annie Report 1 Oct 2003 21:15

just nudgin' this in case new loggers on might be able to help!

Mystified

Mystified Report 1 Oct 2003 21:40

Ann, All I know is what I copied on to here. I think the people mentioned are the only rellies. Sorry, best I can do. I said it was difficult. All suggestions welcome but I think the lady has tried most. John

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Oct 2003 22:01

Have you looked at the actual image or just online index? I have a printout of a family in Wales,1901, that I got from a library near to the area of interest. It shows the whole family but online the wife doesn't feature at all in the index.

Mystified

Mystified Report 2 Oct 2003 07:33

Thanks all for trying. I did say it was 'difficult'. I will have to mail her with the bad news. Gwyneth, I was only helping so was using the decoder only but I will forward the suggestion to her. At least we tried.