Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

record names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 1 Oct 2003 16:52

Is this a record i have just gone on my summary of names to see if there are any new ones today and there are 561 king just added today mostly one person.

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Oct 2003 16:57

I have had a good day too between 20-30 new names, no house work to be done this week now Ha.

Laurie

Laurie Report 1 Oct 2003 18:56

Hi, Smith 1881 added, I assume that is just for today. Laurie

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Oct 2003 21:12

If there is a large number of new names shown it may be that someone has reloaded their home tree by gedcom. That shows up as new names because you have to delete the old tree first, but it's actually mainly what was there previously being reloaded. There are about 450 names under my surname and every three or four weeks it shows that there are 350 new ones, but the total is still under 500.