Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP how do I look ----------

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 1 Oct 2003 20:08

How do I look for some one,still alive but only know there maiden name and don't know where they live?? Ann,Darlington

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 1 Oct 2003 20:36

Nudge Please----------

George

George Report 1 Oct 2003 20:39

Try: FriendsReunited, Trying to Find Board, if you know the town they were born in then look for a community website and post in the guestbook, newspapers. George

Annie

Annie Report 1 Oct 2003 20:50

If you think they might have married after 1984, you could do a browse on 1837 on line ... mind you if it's a 'common name' the list might be enormous. If not you could book a reader at your local Latterday Saints Research Centre and plough through every quarter of the General Register Office index of Births/Marriages etc which have fiches from 1907 to 1983. The volunteers in my nearest one are really helpful. A

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Oct 2003 20:52

Hi, Try looking for her marriage which will give her "new" surname, then try electoral rolls. Hope this helps, Gwynne

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 2 Oct 2003 19:19

Thank you have already ried Friends but it's difficult when you have no idea where someone lives or her married name ,still will keep looking Ann, Darlington