Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Ferguson read this

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 2 Oct 2003 08:50

Hi John, I have some good news for you, I have found Rose ann Ferguson for you! 1871Census Bradford Piece 4443 Folio 37 24 Bolling Street Bowling St Lukes Parish Robert Ferguson 30 Tailor born Middlesex London Mary Ann Ferguson Wife 32 born Nottingham Harriet Ferguson Daughter 8 Scholar born Lancashire Preston Robert Ferguson son 4 born Lancashire Blackburn Rose Anna Ferguson 1 born Lancashire Blackburn Hope this helps George Evans

Mystified

Mystified Report 3 Oct 2003 08:26

Hi George, Sorry re delay, I missed your message and Georgina sent me a mail telling me. Thanks for the info. That's the family!!!!!!!! This is Riley/Ripley/Lionel's (yes he even has ANOTHER name) family. This is great news as I now have further bros. and sisters and I know his parents. Fantastic. Looks like I will have to move the search to Notts/Lancs and London. Isn't it amazing when you finally knock that wall down? All I have to do is figure out what happened to the parents and why the kids had to go in the workhouse. I can't find the deaths on Free BMD and can't get to the library till tomorrow to look at the GRO. More mysteries!!! I just hope it gives some hope to those with brickwalls. It took me nearly a year to find Riley then within 3 weeks I get all this!!!!! Thanks again George, John

Mystified

Mystified Report 3 Oct 2003 14:36

Hope it's Ok pushing this up the board but I would like George to see my thank you.