Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 decoder

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 2 Oct 2003 13:41

please can someone help me?I am looking for a Mary Louisa married to a William Irving Tinnion living in Cumberland,i have tried to look on the decoder but i cant seem to get it working!!She was born c1878 in Frizington and i dont know how old William was Thankyou

Patricia

Patricia Report 2 Oct 2003 13:49

there was a william born in 1880 Seaton Cumberland any good ???

Anna

Anna Report 2 Oct 2003 13:52

hi Patricia,I dont have any details of William at all other than that he married my gt gt gt aunt.I was just hoping to find the two of them together somewhere in 1901 as i know they married in 1900.I couldnt find them using the decoder though. Anna

Patricia

Patricia Report 2 Oct 2003 13:56

Also found this as well - maybe of some use 1891 Census 3 Records found Piece: RG12/4277 Place: Greystoke-Cumberland Enumeration District: 3 Civil Parish: Hutton Soil Ecclesiastical Parish: Greystoke St Andrew Folio: 26 Page: 12 Schedule: 63 Address: Station House Penruddock -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks TINNION Joseph Head M M 49 Station Master(Railway)(Em'ee) Cumberland - Cockermouth TINNION Isabella Wife M F 53 Cumberland - Alston TINNION Mary Ann Dau S F 20 Cumberland - Dacre

Anna

Anna Report 2 Oct 2003 14:01

Hi Dawn,Could you send the details please,Ive just started doing this side of my tree and they are proving to be very elusive,I ony found a out my gt gt gt aunts married name through a death cert i received today.Maybe this man could be the husbands father. Patricia Thanks for looking but theyre are not the correct ones,My Mary was born a Sampson and married into the Tinnion family .Im just off to order their marriage cert to find out who Williams father was!! Thanks Anna

Anna

Anna Report 2 Oct 2003 14:11

thanks for your help.I dont think they are right either.I can see im going to get nothing done again this evening!!This is very addictive,once i start looking i cant seem to stop and my poor kids go hungry as i lose track of time!!Anna