Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Immigration Records for arond 1910/Death Inquest R

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 4 Oct 2003 14:35

Please can any one tell me where I can get any details. My grandfather was an immigrant from Eastern Europe, I think and I am guessing that he came to this country sometime around 1910, with his brother. He died in November 1918 in Middlesborough and we never knew his date or place or birth. Are there any Immigration records that I can look at, or can I access records of the Inquest of his death. My father was only 10 months old when he died and never knew any details. Thanks

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2003 14:39

shot in the dark LDS Online Catalogue : Family History : Immigration and Freedman's Records Mormon Immigration Index(Reference #50174) The Mormon Immigration Index is a database of approximately 93,000 immigrants who traveled from various international ports to the United States between the years 1840 and 1890. Information in this database includes the age, country of origin, ports of departure and arrival, the company leader assigned to each voyage, and general voyage information. This index also contains transcriptions of autobiographies, journals, diaries, and letters of approximately 1,000 passengers. These immigrant accounts are linked to over 500 known LDS companies and provide a composite account of those who crossed the Atlantic and Pacific oceans to gather in Zion. Other people who took part of these voyages, but who were not members of the LDS Church are also listed in this index. System Requirements: Pentium processor (or higher) Windows 95 (or higher) or Windows NT 4.0+ 8 MB RAM minimum (16 MB recommended) CD-ROM drive (4X minimum recommended) VGA Monitor with 256-color-capable video card 25 MB hard-disk space How to Order Price: £5.95

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 4 Oct 2003 15:51

Hi, Immigration Records are held at Kew. Many inquest records are lost as coroners destroyed them due to lack of space. Local newspapers carried quite detailed reports so that may be a place to start. Hope this helps, Gwynne

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Oct 2003 18:09

Hi - just to let you know that Coroner's Records are sealed for 75 years, so there it every liklihood that if they haven't been destroyed yet they are unavailable. Jacqui

Carol

Carol Report 4 Oct 2003 18:37

If he died in 1918, that is 85 years ago, which I think is longer than 75 years.