Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

free cd rom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 7 Oct 2003 10:49

Hi all,,, Iv'e just bought Your Family Tree Mag for the first time, it has a free cd rom with a full programme Cumberland Family Tree (full application) It s got free charts & forms which may be usefull to print out & fill in family datails as a back up in case of a virus. Not a bad mag for a newbie like me! elaine x

Lucky

Lucky Report 7 Oct 2003 11:02

I started getting it from issue 1 and have been very impressed. Just placed a subscription which will bring the cost down to about £3.50 a month.

Michelle

Michelle Report 7 Oct 2003 11:08

I missed the first issue, I have now subscribed and find it is excellent. Has anyone downloaded the first issue, I'm not sure how much it costs, but I want to know is it the seem as the mag.

Keely

Keely Report 7 Oct 2003 14:33

Hi all, I bought the second the issue. And with that cd u got trials to programmes. I couldnt really get on well with them though!!! I cant remember which one I was trying to install now, but I did have a bit of trouble. Other than that, I thought it was very good. I will give it another try, as I wanted to have a taster of different programmes before I purchased one! Or rather, asked for one for christmas!!

Andy

Andy Report 7 Oct 2003 15:42

I haven't bought this magazine to date but I'm thinking of doing so. Is it possible to order previous issues if you've missed an edition? Andy.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 7 Oct 2003 16:16

I bought issue 3 with a cd for family tree and forms but.... everytime I have tried to get into one of the forms, I have been told that the file is not available! As I have also had trouble downloading the 1901 de-coder and the 1837 DjVu, I have a slight suspicion tht my computer may have something to do with it. Any idea anyone please? Jacky

BrianW

BrianW Report 7 Oct 2003 17:18

To view and print the forms you have to first install Adobe Acrobat which is on the same disk.

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 7 Oct 2003 19:55

I also bought Issue 3 and found the forms on the free cd very useful, but as Brian says you do have to download the Adobe Acrobat. Maggy, West Yorkshire

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 7 Oct 2003 23:10

I already have adobe and use it frequently to download documents for work so that can't be the problem here. Jacky

Lucky

Lucky Report 8 Oct 2003 11:26

Maybe you have a faulty disc. Is there a number to call to get a replacement.