Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FREECEN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 7 Oct 2003 11:03

another site for newbies (like me) who dont already know... http://freecen.rootsweb.com It seems in its early stages but its worth a look elaine x

wendyskn

wendyskn Report 7 Oct 2003 17:08

Hi Elaine As you are new!! have you tried clicking on Resource Centre (left) and then on links. It gives a list of various sites you can go to. Kind Regards Wendy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 7 Oct 2003 18:18

hi wendy Ive only been doing this since about July. I have seen the list of websites. Im sure i tried freecen quite some time ago but for some reason i either couldn't access the site properly or the search facility may have not been working properly. I particually like those free sites, as money as always is tight and some of the sites require a hefty joining fee!! elaine x

Sue

Sue Report 8 Oct 2003 10:51

Freecen is excellent - if the county and year you need has been transcribed. There is still a long way to go, but it's worth a try ... Sue