Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone need marraige lookups for Co.Cavan?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Oct 2003 21:42

Hi, I have extracts of the following Church of Ireland Marraige Bonds Index for Diocese: Kilmore 1697-1844 (1083 recs) Meath 1665-1884 (48 recs) Clogher 1709-1866 (2150 recs) Laurie

Belle56

Belle56 Report 7 Oct 2003 21:52

Hi Laurie, I don't want to appear ignorant but do any of your indexes cover kerry, only i'm looking for a marriage of Florence Brosnan (male) married around 1860ish, have no other information than that. Many Thanks April:-)

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Oct 2003 22:14

Hi April, These ones don't but if you email me with the details I will have a look tomorrow for you. Laurie

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2003 00:39

Hi Laurie, You are a star! Could you please look for a marriage for Margaret Cassidy to a Philip or Patrick Reilly/O'Reilly. Also for Alice Burns to James Baxter. Both couples had children born in Cavan around 1860/1870's. They would be my GG Grandparents. Thanks again. Regards Margaret

Carol

Carol Report 8 Oct 2003 01:46

Laurie, I havent got back that far just yet, but could you extract any DUFFYs from the Meath area please, for future reference. Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Report 8 Oct 2003 09:40

I am looking for the marriage of Francis Farley and catherine McNichol about 1881. can you help?

Laurie

Laurie Report 8 Oct 2003 22:23

Hi Margaret, Sorry nothing really useful as yet with those names. I have some Burns, Reilly and Baxter marraiges from Kilmore and Ardagh 1720's-1770's. Baxter, Cassidy and Reilly (only a couple) from Clogher 1810-1841. Nothing for Meath. They may have married in another Diocese I will keep a look out for you and if you want the names that I have got let me know. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 8 Oct 2003 22:25

Hi Carol, Nothing for Duffy's in Meath, but that is the smallest list I have. There were a couple that appeared in Clogher and if you want those details let me know and I'll email them to you. Laurie

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2003 22:31

Thank you so much Laurie. I think that they might have been Catholic so they wouldn't be on your list. Thought it was worth a try as i'm not 100% sure of their religion at that time. Where is Clogher Laurie? Their children were born in the 1860/70's So I think that that one might be a bit early? Does it give you christian names? Would if be possbile for me to obtain a similar list for Catholics? Thanks again. Regards Margaret

Laurie

Laurie Report 8 Oct 2003 22:40

Sorry Lisa, Ruth, Nothing at all. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 8 Oct 2003 22:45

Hi Margaret, Clogher is a Diocese in Cavan. As far as I am aware before a certain time all records for Catholics would of been kept at the Church. However I keep coming across websites for different areas where people are submitting their copies. Have you tried the Genforum at Genealogy? It can take for hours depending on the surname but it's worth the time in case there is anyone else researching the same ancetors. Laurie

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2003 23:02

Thanks Laurie for the advice and for looking for me. I will try that. I have another marriage in Cavan on my husbands side that I am looking for. Can I mail you tomorrow, need to look up the details? Regards Margaret

Laurie

Laurie Report 8 Oct 2003 23:18

Hi Margaret, Yes that's fine. I had a look on a site and it seems R.C Parish records are on film from early 1800's for Baptisms but I can't find a site that has them. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 8 Oct 2003 23:27

Hi Ruth, I have found a John McConvil but I don't think he's in Cavan. All it says is: John McConvil, townland Ballydougan, parish Tullyish, Tithes 1827. There are 7 McConvil's in total some on Tithes and some on 1901 census. I'll have a look and see if I can find where it is. Laurie