Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for where someone worked

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marianne

Marianne Report 8 Oct 2003 06:57

If anyone can help I would be most grateful. I am trying to find out where my mother worked in 1938/39. I have contacted the National Insurance Office, the tax offices in London but they could not or would not help. I know she worked in London but in which actual area I have no idea so going through the thousands of electrol roles from where I live is just impossible. I have also contacted some of the people and places I know she worked with in and around Marylebone but they also were unable or unwilling to help. I would not have thought it would be so difficult to discover where someone worked, someone somewhere must have note of her on record. So please any suggestions would be wonderful, will try anything. Many thanks. Marianne