Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

East Sussex interest.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 9 Oct 2003 14:42

Found a very interesting site on Google - just put in Sussex Weald - It only covers some East Sussex villages, Wadhurst is being added around Christmas time but it has lots of info including census, old books, documents and some parish reg entries. Sue.

MrsMooMoo

MrsMooMoo Report 9 Oct 2003 15:35

Thanks Susan - will have a look later!

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 9 Oct 2003 15:46

It's a brilliant site. So sad that it doesn't include Selmeston. But wouldn't it be wonderful if other areas produced genealogical info like this?!

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 9 Oct 2003 16:00

Goodie - I'll go have a look. I have missing people in the Wadhurst area. I'll put Christmas in my diary! Thanks

N

N Report 9 Oct 2003 16:30

Thanks very much for that. A very good site Both my husband's gt gt gt grandparents came from a village that is included on there. It even has 1851 census. Alas, they had both moved away by 1841. But it looks like their families had too , as no-one of their family names on the 1851 census. Nice to have the history of the village though.

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 9 Oct 2003 21:01

Glad you liked this one - I thought of you Nina when I saw your request for Isted look ups - I have been in touch with them and they are updating continually so it's one to watch!! I agree, every county should have a site like this but again it relies on volunteers and enthusiasts - Sue.