Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing marriage (bunch)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcie

Marcie Report 10 Oct 2003 07:58

how can i find frank john bunch marriage to elsie may( maiden name not known), have looked everywhere, only know it must be between 1900-1915 any help would be great marcie

Steph

Steph Report 10 Oct 2003 09:04

Have you tried 1837 online? If you know the county, you could have a look on the Genuki site & see if anyone's doing free look-ups, or get in touch with counties family history society. Good luck! Steph

Laurie

Laurie Report 10 Oct 2003 20:53

Hi Marcia, Do you have any idea what area? Laurie

Marcie

Marcie Report 10 Oct 2003 21:58

hi laurie not really, i know that frank lived in london, i have seen something on 1837 for frank bunch 1905 jan-mar vol37 page 884, but wether this is the one, i,m not sure is it possible you can have other means to check, marcie

Laurie

Laurie Report 10 Oct 2003 22:54

Hi Marcia, I've found a Frank Bunch born Wandsworth Sep 1904 but no marraige. Do you know when he died? Laurie

Marcie

Marcie Report 11 Oct 2003 09:48

hi laurie frank was born in dartford kent 1881/83 he was killed 15/5/1915 at ypes belgium, his parents were john bunch(1851-1928) and henrietta rowbotham(1850-1932) i have info of his memorial at the menim gate but nothing else, and we know he was married, thats all really,except his widow went to america sometime after his death,how do i trace that thread,i could turn to drink, but my typings bad enough now marcie x

Crista

Crista Report 11 Oct 2003 10:31

Marcie, The CWGC says this: Son of John Bunch, of Clapton, London; husband of Elsie Maud Bunch, of 9, Suffolk St., Hove, Sussex. I can't find Frank on the 1901 census. Crista

Laurie

Laurie Report 11 Oct 2003 17:24

Hi Marcie, Nothing for Frank as yet but found this on 1881: 6 East Hill Villas Dartford Kent Head John Bunch, 29yrs b.Yately, Hampshire 1852, Occupation Storekeeper of Insane Asylum Wife Henrietta Bunch, 29yrs b.Islington, Middlesex 1852. I also found this family (may be related?) Head Aaron Bunch, 33yrs b.Yately, Hampshire 1848, Wife Alice, 31yrs, b.Elstead, Surrey 1850 Son William, 8yrs, b.Yately, Hampshire Daur Elsie, 3yrs, b.Yately, Hampshire I shall keep looking for Frank for you. Laurie

Marcie

Marcie Report 11 Oct 2003 18:43

hi laurie thanks for your time, john bunch storekeeper insane asylum is my ggrandfather, i think maybe frank was in the forces in 1901 but he would only be about 18, at this rate i shall be an inmate in the asylum myself appreciate your help marcie x p.s. ithink all bunches from yateley and hants and london are related, bred like rabbits