Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 10 Oct 2003 12:44

I'm trying to trace parents and brothers/sisters of my great grandmother, Fanny (Fannie) Elizabeth Taylor, born in Bingham/Cropwell Bishop, Nottinghamshire in June 1883. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Julie

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Oct 2003 13:00

Found this any good ?? 1891 Census 4 Records found Piece: RG12/2642 Place: East Retford-Nottinghamshire Enumeration District: 3 Civil Parish: East Markham Ecclesiastical Parish: East Markham Folio: 30 Page: 4 Schedule: 28 Address: Top Street -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks TAYLOR George Head M M 35 Innkeeper And Carrier (Notem) Nottinghamshire - East Markham TAYLOR Ann Wife M F 33 Nottinghamshire - East Markham TAYLOR Gertrude M Dau - F 10 Scholar Nottinghamshire - East Markham TAYLOR Fanny Dau - F 7 Scholar Nottinghamshire - East Markham

Julie

Julie Report 10 Oct 2003 13:20

Thanks but I don't think these are the ones. East Retford is quite a distance from Bingham/Cropwell Bishop and from what I can gather they stayed around the bingham area. Are there no others? Julie

Janet

Janet Report 10 Oct 2003 14:18

RG12/2718, 30, 17 Main Street, Cropwell Bishop Thomas Taylor, 35, Lime Stone Quarreyman Mary A, 33 Walter, 12 Fanny E, 7 James, 3 Emma, 2 William, 8 mths all born Cropwell Bishop. Jan.

Julie

Julie Report 10 Oct 2003 14:32

Thanks Jan, that's perfect. Funnily enough the other side of the family I'm searching are the Simpsons - you're not from Cropwell bishop too are you? Julie

Janet

Janet Report 10 Oct 2003 14:39

I think I saw some Simpsons on the same page, do you want me to go back and look? Simpson is my late husband's name, he came from Sheffield. Jan.

Janet

Janet Report 10 Oct 2003 14:46

Living in Main Street next door to the Taylors: Jarvis Simpson, 52, Agricultural Labourer & Roadman, Cropwell Bishop Ann, 49, Notts, Sneiton Annie, 21, Dressmaker, Cropwell Bishop Elizabeth, 19, General Domestic Servant, Cropwell Bishop William, 8, Grandson, Cotgrave. Hope these are the right ones. Jan

Julie

Julie Report 10 Oct 2003 15:49

Hi Jan yes these are the right ones but I already had the information, as Simpson was my mum's maiden name I have done this quite extensively - although not yet gone back any further than Gervase/jarvis born in 1840. Taylor is my mum's grandmothers maiden name! Quite strange that they are living so close together though! Thanks again Julie