Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer help please!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gen

Gen Report 11 Oct 2003 13:28

Is there anyone out there who can help I have lost the colour red on my computer anyone know what I have done or how I can sort it out. A computer with no red is horrible. Thanks in anticipation Gen

Deborah

Deborah Report 11 Oct 2003 13:37

Hi Genevieve, I'm no computer wizz, but if you don't know how you did it, you could either use system restore (if you have it, it's on XP) or restore factory settings??! I'm sure there's a wizz out there that can offer some other options though. Debbie

Tracey

Tracey Report 11 Oct 2003 13:45

Hi, I hope someone can help coz ive got the same problem!! It's terrible to look at. Everything looks green! Tracey

Gen

Gen Report 11 Oct 2003 13:49

Hi Tracey feeling rather sick bet you are too Gen

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Oct 2003 13:50

Hi When my screen started going a funny colour a few months ago it was because the monitor was on it's way out. It stopped working all together eventually and I had to buy a new one. Do you think it may be this? Margaret

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 11 Oct 2003 13:53

I don't know but--asked my son who said if your monitor is old it may be on it's way out but new ones are about £100. Cheaper than a new pc but if I'm wrong someone will tell you. Ann,Darlington

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 11 Oct 2003 13:54

SNAP Margaret!!

Gen

Gen Report 11 Oct 2003 14:00

The computer is less than 3 months old, my daughter moved it and now I have no red. Gen

Darren white

Darren white Report 11 Oct 2003 14:44

Check the pins on the lead the connects into the computer itself if the that was unplugged during the move it may have bent one. That has been know to cause a few problems Also try Degauss there should be a button on the monitor this should remove any magnetic build up in the monitor

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 11 Oct 2003 14:53

If it is your screen colour that has changed right click on any part of your screen when the menu appears click on properties when this opens click on appearence . then click on colour scheme and change colours or you can click on advanced there you will see a box with Desktop in it and next to is a box click on that and it will open a box and you can chose which colour you want Bren