Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census help!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvette

Yvette Report 12 Oct 2003 10:55

I recieved the following reply from Tracey after asking for a VRI lookup,and although i had searched the 1901 a while back it was before i found the decoder, so only looked for family i knew of by name. I have been trying all morning to open an account by credit card to re-look at this address to find out about these other 11 people but my computer keeps locking out on me, i was wondering if anyone out there has an active account at the moment and would kindly have a look at 74 High Street, Lewisham for me to see who was living with my realtives. I have emailed the census people for advice, as i know its not my card or computer that is the problem........i have been ordering certificates quite happily from the GRO this morning, but dont know how long it will take then to reply. Thankyou very much Yvette Sorry Yvette, i couldn't see anything on VRI version 2 either. But it seems there's a right house full in 1901. I think Thomas's father was living there, William aged 56 a bootmaker. You'd probably be best viewing the image of the household because looking at the person ID's, there's at least 17 people there. Thomas was a fruiterer green age 35. Good luck! (they were in the parish of Lambeth) Tracey --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sparklysam

sparklysam Report 12 Oct 2003 12:45

Just nudging this back up the page as you have no replys yet!

Yvette

Yvette Report 12 Oct 2003 15:23

anyone?

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 15:28

I have a live account at the moment. How do I use this function. I clicked address search. What do I enter? I keep getting a search taking too long error. By the way, I am on broadband.

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 15:47

Only these at Number 74 74 High Street Lambeth John James Taylor Head 34 Water Inspector Elizabeth A Wife 27 Confectioner Irene L Daur 4 John B Son 1 Louisa F Waller Servant 14 Mail me if you want the image sent

Yvette

Yvette Report 12 Oct 2003 17:09

Hi carol Only just seen these, thanks for the help i have emailed you for you to send them on. Regards Yvette

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 17:25

I have found your Lewisham one. It is on the way

Yvette

Yvette Report 12 Oct 2003 19:17

Thanks Carol you are another GC star Yvette

Tracey

Tracey Report 12 Oct 2003 23:07

Yvette, Have mailed you direct. Tracey