Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up please, if possible.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 12 Oct 2003 14:42

Hi could somebody possibly look on the 1891 census for me? John Derbyshire, coal heaver, approx 42 Mary Derbyshire, approx 40 Henry Derbyshire, 20, born lancashire Emily Derbyshire, 18, born lancashire Hannah Derbyshire, 10, born lancashire They will probably be living in Salford or Manchester. I realise the elder 2 may be married and moved away, but I would be interested to see any of the other children. Thank you, best wishes, Carol.

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 15:22

I found this family, looked for Hannah aged 9, 10 or 11. Address 130 Pearson Street, Manchester John Derbyshire Head 50 Blacksmith Striker Harriot Wife 40 John Son 19 Wool Draper Susan Daur 15 Mary Daur 13 Hannah Daur 11 William Son 9 Minnie Daur 7 Alfred Son 6

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 12 Oct 2003 15:26

Thanks Carol, will take this one and have a good look at it, might be a possibility. Thanks again. Best wishes Carol

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 12 Oct 2003 17:34

Elaine, thank you, this looks like them. This is actually my mother-in-laws family, I wander into hers when I am stuck with mine. Her grandmother was Lavinia Derbyshire, but wasn't born until December 1891, so won't be on the 1891 census. Funny thing is, she is missing from the 1901 census, although I can have another go now I have a few more members of the family. Thanks again for your help, best wishes. Carol. PS. Does it give you an actual address in Hazel Grove? and could you possibly tell me where they were all born? Thanks.

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 12 Oct 2003 19:01

Thank you Elaine, this is definitely the right family, as the address is the one given when my mother in laws grandmother, Lavinia, was born at the end of 1891. She is very excited - thank you. Carol.