Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census Competition

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 16:27

Is this a wind up?

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 16:35

Put this name in the person search Last Name Holst First Name Gustavus Click search. I just ended up with a loop, the counter continually counting down from 5, then repeating.

Patricia

Patricia Report 12 Oct 2003 16:40

Gustavus Holst 26 Gloucestershire Cheltenham London St Margaret & St John Trombone Player

Helen

Helen Report 12 Oct 2003 16:42

You would have to pay to view the household to enter the competition. This would mean the PRO could pay for the bl**dy camera a dozen times over!!! As if they don't get enough money out of us already. Do they think were daft! Let's get the answers posted on here and we'll get hundreds of people to enter FOR FREE!! That will serve them right

Patricia

Patricia Report 12 Oct 2003 16:44

totally agree !!

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 16:51

I would give you the answers if I could get into it. It is still looping since I first started the thread.

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 17:11

Here they are 1 Trombone Player 2 3 4 Ralph V Williams 5 Music Teacher 6 Lily Diamond 2. No idea how to find that out. 3. Choose your own logo

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 17:18

No 2 is an estimated guess (just read it again) I have rebooted my computer and everything is working again.

Patricia

Patricia Report 12 Oct 2003 17:22

I imagine the answer to number 2 would be a maximum of 1% of the poplulation in 1901, so if you can find out the population count in 1901 and work it out at less than 1%. Regards

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 17:31

That sounds a good percentage Pat. There couldn`t have been many around at that time.

Patricia

Patricia Report 12 Oct 2003 17:38

if you look at census statistics on occupations there is no chance of it being higher than 1% the only thing is getting the stats for the 1901 census, find them and your laughing. Regards

Rachel

Rachel Report 12 Oct 2003 18:13

As far as I can see, you don't have to pay to find out the 1st answer, just do a person search and it shows the occupation in the results. I only wish the 2nd answer was as easy to find! Rachel

Carol

Carol Report 12 Oct 2003 18:26

You need to pay to get answers 4, 5 and 6. Well you dont now.