Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

geneology books for research in ireland ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 13 Oct 2003 13:06

could anyone recommend a good geneology book for researching in ireland. i am finding it difficult, thanks for any help cheers jackie.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2003 14:37

I would also like to know of any good websites for Ireland. Thanks Jo.

Jackie

Jackie Report 13 Oct 2003 17:48

hi joanne you could try . www.caora.net or www.ireland.com/ancestor . www.irish ancestors. net . hope these will come in usefull.regards jackie.

David

David Report 13 Oct 2003 22:44

Try "Tracing your Irish Ancestors" by John Greenham ISBN 0-7171-2796-6

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2003 22:50

Hi, thanks for that will have a try. Do you know if they have old newspaper records anywhere? Family gossip has a murderer on the line?!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2003 23:33

Hi Paul, thankyou for that too. I will have a look. Not from Ireland and am really quite ignorant of the area but I seem to have a couple of relatives from there. Jo.

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 14 Oct 2003 00:49

Theresa, Number 6 on the way! Are congratulations the order of the day? Congratulations Kathy Epsom, SRY

Jackie

Jackie Report 14 Oct 2003 08:06

thanks to everyone for answering my message , cheers,jackie