Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help on the 1891

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 13 Oct 2003 20:51

Hi is there anyone that could do a look up for me please?? I'm looking for John King a mason with his wife Sarah he would be aged about 63yrs old with his family living in the parish of St. Philips in Bristol. Many thanks. Jill

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 13 Oct 2003 21:05

Hi Max John King was born in Bristol his wife was born in Stroud.Thanks for getting back so quick. Jill

Carol

Carol Report 13 Oct 2003 21:06

Would this be the one Address 3 Seal Street St Philip & St Jacob Bristol John King Head 63 Mason Matilda Daur 26 Shoemaker/Dress Fred R Son 13

Carol

Carol Report 13 Oct 2003 21:09

Both John and wife born in Bristol, but the only one I could find that was near your age criteria.

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 13 Oct 2003 21:15

Hi Carol Yes I think this is him as ha did have a daughter called Matilda the dressmaker is right, but Fred was down as Johns grandson in the 1881.I wonder where the rest are???Thank you I'm very greatful to you and Max. Jill

Carol

Carol Report 13 Oct 2003 21:22

I have double checked for you, and Fred is definately Son. Johns age is 62 on their transcript, but it looks like 63 on the scan. Also Fred`s Name is hard to read, it looks like Fred R, but not sure

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 13 Oct 2003 21:30

Carol it is my John, and I will have to get Freds birth cert now out of curio, to see as when he was down as g.son I wondered who's he was.Many thanks.Boy you don't half type fast. Jill

Carol

Carol Report 13 Oct 2003 21:40

Comes with practice, and having a notepad open at the same time.