Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice please how to find?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Oct 2003 07:57

could someone please advice me on how to find all my grandads brothers and sisters, there were 13 including my grandad. i have found 3 of them one name i knew and the other 2 i found luckily by accident.i have another 3 names for searching , but how would i go about finding the other 6 when i dont have any forenames, hope this makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated cheers, jackie.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Oct 2003 08:03

Hi, If they stayed in the same area try the schools' admission rolls. These have names of parents and dates of birth. Any rolls that survive will be in the county record office. Hope this helps, Gwynne

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Oct 2003 08:07

hi gwynne, thankyou never thought of that ,sound good. regards jackie

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Oct 2003 08:19

Hi Jackie, If they are Scottish Jackie. you really need to try and find a day where you can come through to New Register House in Edinburgh and search from them there. I know it's not easy with small children. You would love it there. Regards Margaret

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Oct 2003 08:41

hi margaret. i was just talking to mt aunt the other day ,she is also with genes connected she is doing my mums side of the tree, i had told her what you had said about it , she is interested also so hopefully we can get a day soon . do you remember my search for james mccarroll well a very nice man in northern ireland found the records for me would you believe in half an hour, absolutely delighted, just waiting fot the certs, ireland is so difficult, could never have done it on my own. regards jackie.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Oct 2003 08:48

Hi Jackie, I'm am delighted to hear theat you found your James McCarrol:0). I might ask you for some advice later on Irish connnections but I am on my way to work now. Let me know if you want to know more about New Register House. Regards Margaret