Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sending for certs at dublin?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Oct 2003 12:09

could anyone advise me , i have reference numbers i want to send for photocopys to dublin they cost £ 1.90 euros ( around £1.50) i do not have a credit card , they wont accept euro cash, i have been told the only way possible is a bankers draft which costs £7 dearer than the cost of the certs . is there anyother way i can do this or will i have to pay the bank £7 every time i have to send for certificates to the gro , hoping this makesw sense to whoever reads this , regards jackie.

Ellen

Ellen Report 15 Oct 2003 15:45

Hello Jackie, Sorry that I cant help with your payment problem. I had the same trouble with e bay payments. I do have a rellie born in Dublin of English parents visiting. I assume that he was registered in Dublin. Can you tell me where I would trace his details? I would be very grateful for any advice. Thanks Helena

James

James Report 15 Oct 2003 20:43

When I wanted a cert from Ireland, I came across the same problem and not wanting to swell the banks coffers, took a chance and sent notes. I told them to put the change in the local poor box! They could not provide and sent them back again!!! Hope this helps, Jim Jones

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Oct 2003 21:23

hi helen someone actually found the reference nos for me doing a search in ireland,but if you have enough info you can print of a application from the gro website regards jackie.

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Oct 2003 21:26

hi james thanks for that , isnt it a pain in the neck , most of my searching is in ireland which is giving me problems cheers jackie.

Ellen

Ellen Report 16 Oct 2003 19:21

Jackie, thank you, I will try and get more info. Thanks Helena